Head of Product Design
- New York, NY
- Full Time
Caden is a consumer data advocacy startup, currently operating in stealth mode. We’re led by industry veterans, backed by powerhouse investors, and crewed by the brightest minds in the game. We exist to make the internet a better place for all.
This position reports into CEO John Roa and plays a pivotal role in our success. Your work will contribute to creating intuitive, engaging experiences for our users and identifying new opportunities for our brand partners. Strong communication skills, a mind for consumer psychology and a curious, disciplined mind are the primary traits that will help you succeed at Caden.
We’re seeking an experienced design leader with a track record of designing and building successful consumer internet products. As the head of the design organization, you will lead our internal product design capabilities, be hands-on with all things UX, and build a rigorous team of designers, architects and user researchers.
Design plays a significant role in product strategy and direction. Working on everything from data visualization to UI, from digital identity to reward systems, product design decisions are validated through research, testing alike, as we value rigor and empathy in equal measure. Mixed methods user researchers explore product opportunities and undertake nuanced investigations to ongoing product questions. Brand design provides support to the company and product, helping us tell our story better.
What You'll Do
- Set the foundation for a design, research and human psychology-based culture inside of Caden
- Partner with leadership to set the strategy and vision for the future of Caden's product design and user experience
- Work with cross-functional leaders (engineering, sales, support, marketing, product, engineering) to serve as the voice of design and the voice of the user
- Identify tools to produce, improve, and scale well-considered designs
- Produce our user experience strategy and develop next generation concepts
- Approve requirements and specifications for the look, feel and functionality of products
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes
- Composing and growing new product concepts alongside product and engineering team members in order to create beneficial, robust, and high-performing interactions
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- Crafting critical elements and detailed behaviors of our product design system
- Communicating task-flow and detailed interaction behaviors through clear documentation and confident presentation so stakeholders grasp and endorse design direction
What You Have Done
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in design or equivalent practical experience, preferably a focus in HCI or Cognitive Psychology
- Experience in building, leading and collaborating with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Strategists and Product Managers
- Experience designing across multiple platforms
- Experience in a high-growth, venture-backed startup environment
This role will work out of our downtown Manhattan office